And another recipe blog…
- 1 20-oz. pkg. refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
- 1 14-oz. can vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4oz.)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 15-oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Bottled roasted red sweet pepper (optional)
- Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional)
- 8 slices toasted bread with cheese (optional)
In Dutch oven combine potatoes and broth. Cover; bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 4 minutes. In bowl toss together flour and cheese. Gradually stir in milk. Add milk mixture and Italian seasoning to potatoes. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in beans; cook and stir 1 minute more. Top with roasted pepper and parsley. Serve with toasted bread. Serves 4.
I consider Bean-Potato Chowder to be an I-am-really-tired-and-I-do-not-want-to-cook recipe. Simple and decently tasty.
A little plain… I added Sriracha. And it was awesome.
Sriracha: Yes, no? Add it to anything and everything = instance success!